So this new momma blogger was nominated for the Liebster Award by the ever wonderful Dancing With Motherhood! WHOOP WHOOP!
I’m sure everyone is thinking, “what the what is a Liebster Award?!”
Basically the Liebster Award is an award for us new bloggers who have less than 200 followers! Sounds like a pitty award right? WRONG!
As a new blogger, building an audience and influence is a lot of work! So when other bloggers can recognize our work and efforts this is what we call a privilege and an honor!!
So how does it work exactly?
Here are the questions that I was asked, along with my answers:
1. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a doctor. A pediatrician more importantly. But throughout the years, my focus shifted and that was no longer my passion.
2. Where is your dream travel destination?
Well I live in good ol’ Michigan, so anywhere tropical with a beach, where I wont see snow, a tornado, leaves changing colors, and sunshine all in one day would be fantastic! I’m thinking Bahamas sounds like a good place to try soon enough!
3. Socks or no socks?
When I’m wearing tennis shoes – socks. When I’m at home – no socks. I’m sure you know the answer for heels and sandals/flip flops!
4. What’s your favorite food?
I love all food. But mostly I’m partial to sushi (any seafood really) and middle eastern foods. I grew up eating Sahara (it’s the best family owned restaurant in St. Clair Shores, MI) and I have found it to be quite a struggle when I have to abstain from eating raw kibbee for 9 months during ALL 5 of my pregnancies.
5. What your favorite season of the year?
One thing I love about Michigan is the fall season! I don’t care about all the Halloween mumbo jumbo, but I do love going to the apple orchards drinking apple cider and eating cinnamon donuts! I love the fall colors of the leaves, and of course the basic-you-know-what all time favorite – PUMPKIN SPICE EEERTHANG! Especially Starbucks PSL (pumpkin spice latte)!
6. What are your favorite hobbies?
I love to read and write. I am with my kids everyday all day so I am always researching new ways to keep them busy and what local activities are by us that they will enjoy. Attempting DIY projects is also another hobby of mine
7. So you have a favorite movie or TV Show?
TV Show, yes! Along with 2379751480284 females, Grey’s Anatomy is my all time fave (however, I am not fond of the most recent season. If you follow social media, I’m sure you know the reason)
8. Would you consider yourself an introvert or extrovert?
I like to think I’m more of an extrovert. I have my quiet and reserved moments, but for the most part, I am an open book and very outgoing.
9. What’s your favorite color?
10. If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?
Depends on the amount. If I won $200- there’s only so much you can do with that. I’d most likely pay bills or buy my kids clothes because they don’t have enough (insert sarcasm).
If the amount was like Mega Millions, weeellll then I’d pay off all debts, help out family who have helped my husband and I along the way, invest the rest.
11. List 3 of your long-term goals
Complete college, become a successful blogger, become debt-free!
11 Random Facts About me:
- I’m from Michigan, but lived in California for 2 years as a teenager and completed 2 years of High School out there.
- I’m the youngest of 3. I have 2 older brothers
- I married my brother’s best friend
- I am the mother of 5 amazing children
- I am an iphone user and proud!
- I’m terrified of roller coasters, yet still always find myself longing to go to Cedar Point each year and will ride a few of those monsters.
- I went to Greece for a month with my Yia-Yia when I was 10 years old.
- I have been told I resemble the actress Natalie Wood
- I am a very proud Aunt
- I’m probably the only Greek known to mankind who hates Baklava
- I like my steak practically moo-ing still
Who Am I nominating for the Liebster Award?
- My Evelyn And Me
- Sugar Coated Living
- Happy Mum Happy Child
- Modern Mom
- Kids Fashion and Such
- All My Kids In A Row
- Karla Carrera
- Family Matters
- Momma Moose
- The Mommyhood Ministry
- Go Geek Mom
What Are My Questions For Them?
- If you were stranded on a deserted Island and could only bring 3 items with you (excluding cell phone — no service), what items would you take?
- What are you most grateful for?
- What advice would you give to a new blogger?
- Why did you get into blogging?
- What is your favorite recipe?
- What one celebrity would you like to meet?
- Where is your favorite vacation spot?
- Where do you find most of your inspiration for your blog?
- Apple or Android?
- What topic interests you most in other blogs?
- What is your favorite cold beverage?